PVP league week 1 (8/15)

Home --- Forums --- Angeli Imperial Operations --- Combat Forum --- PVP league week 1 (8/15)

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

Alright. We currently have six pilots signed up for the PVP league. If you want to review the rules or sign up, look at this thread here. 

Okay. So, while entering this league  flags you for in-faction PVP by other league members, I thought that giving everyone a specific target would mix things up, and encourage people to face opponents they otherwise wouldn’t.  If you take out your target within the week, you get MASSIVE bragging rights and something cool for your forum signature.  These targets will be randomly assigned.

I’ll shuffle the targets every week.

So, who do you take out? The targets work like this. The name in bold is the hunter, and the normal name is the hunted. So (Kestril: Sketchy)  means: Kestril’s target for the week is Sketchy.

So, without further ado, let the games begin!
      Targets for week 1
      Kestril: Ping

Sketchy:DaMorgs

Ping: Crighton

Crighton: Sketchy

DaMorgs: NZSimian

NZSimian: Kestril

I will post new targets every Friday evening (my time). That way, you’ve got someone new to hunt every weekend!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Oh it’s on! 😀 I have already thought of a loadout for the Queen, the downside of it is, if I run it, and Blain attacks, I’ll be needing to find a loadout port post-haste.
      *eyes everyone suspiciously*

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

NZSimian = dead man walking (flying)

Downside to this, for me at least, is I just bought a Python and nowhere near enough insurance for the Queen, so she’ll be in the hangar for a while.  Going to be a nervous week for me. 😛

Might have to sell the Python until I have a bit more money.  Sleep with one eye open Simian.

Do we get a bonus for taking out our ‘hunter’?

@Kestril
      might I also suggest you update this on the ED forums too, that way we stay active over there also. 🙂

Participant
        CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I think we could get bonus points for talking smack during the battle.

Participant

NZSimian = dead man walking (flying)

Given your penchant for losing battles with asteroids, I think we can assume that I’m fairly safe this week 😉

OR, to put it another way:

It’s on, like Donkey Kong!

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Penchant?  You make it sound like it happens all the time.  I’ll just wait outside for you. 😛

I think we could get bonus points for talking smack during the battle.

I can be the smackiest of smackers.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

Maybe, but I want to encourage people to mix & match rather than hunting their hunter.Perhaps if you take out BOTH your target and the person who is after you.

But sketchy is right. you definitely get points for talking smack.

Queen LatifaCome out, come out wherever you are…..

Participant

Awww, that’s cute.

You bringing an army along with ya? 😉

Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

Hey Kestril!!  COME AND GET ME!

(from 8 to 12 pm AEST tomorrow and Thursday)

Awww, that’s cute. You bringing an army along with ya? 😉

Sketchy’s FdL just got shown.

You feel the need to burn too?

Participant

Darn good battle, took quite a while. I was unable to “hunt” DaMorgs, as we were both there for the same interaction, so we went and had a practice session outside of Reed Port.
        I went with all cannons, 4 pips to shields. Realistically, cannons shouldn’t be able to do that much damage to shields, but they work well in bulk, you don’t need to keep more than one pip in weapons.
        It came down to the wire, 8% difference. I learnt a lot from it, as did Morgs, so the purpose of this training if paying off already.
        We’ll be more efficient PvP killing machines, every week 🙂

Yep, what he said, great battle.  It was nice to see how my loadout worked in PvP as it’s only really been tested in PvE.   We were talking after the fight and in all honesty, once I had got down to about 60% I would probably be looking to bug out anyway due to the expense.  My repair bill came to 500k, but it was worth it to see how she held up.

I’ll use this experience to fry @NZSimian  🙂

Participant

I’ll use this experience to fry @NZSimian :)

I’ll bring the eggs – you’ll be the one cooking buddy 😉

I’ve got a sneaky bastard plan for you.

Deep fried Simian.

Has a nice ring to it….

NZSimian

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Participant

Nice Xmas jumper there @Damorgs 🙂

Are you trying to blind me there?

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Sketchy 1
      Crighton 0

Sketechy 2
      Crighton 0

Sketchy 3
      Crighton 0

Participant

Really good battle, thanks Blain 🙂 I found it interesting that my Sidewinder did better than the FDL…?
        I think the crew at Reed Port will still be out cleaning up all the chaff.

Participant

Hunted DaMorgs down over a few systems, looking in conflict zones, then I tried the local port, and found him there. Figured I wait outside.
      Hang on. Is he in a Cobra?! Oh my god, don’t wait until he’s out of the no fire zone! Engage!
      Boost! BOOST! Cannon shells flying all over the place.
      He jumped! Ahh! And too far away for me to follow directly.
      I took a detour and managed to meet with him at another station.
      He’s taking off! Engage again!
      Crap, I hit the station! More cannon rounds! Boost!
      His shields are down, hitting hull, NO! He jumped again!
      Retract weapons and wait for FSD to come online, it takes forever.
      Jump! Pull hard up before Wangal’s main star, I SEE HIM!
      Close and interdict!
      Got em!
      I’m full power to engines, trying to chase down the Cobra, ship system screaming at me that the cannons are over heating. Still firing, am through his shields again. His FSD is back online and charging, he’s dodging so many shells! Come on! Boost! Show me that 50% hull!
      He jumped!
      I make chase again, interdictor ready, he manages to low wake into Reed, I follow, boost, and am unable to catch him before he makes it into port.
      A well earned victory mate, a total rush, I’m still amped up, lol.
      I’ll try harder next time we’re partnered up 🙂

Was some real heart pounding stuff.  Most fun I’ve had in ages.

Love my Cobra.  Makes me feel like….

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

Good to see this coming along.

Ping! I’m coming for you thursday. You better prepare. I’ve got a brand new Fer De Lance that’s nothing but guns, stealth, and speed.

Keymaster

Good to see this coming along. Ping! I’m coming for you thursday. You better prepare. I’ve got a brand new Fer De Lance that’s nothing but guns, stealth, and speed.

and I got a nothing to counter you.  I can’t sell my Clipper since I won’t be able to buy it again (Baron Rank bug),  so maybe an A rated Sidey will be waiting, or maybe even an Eagle, hold on to your knickers.

Dude, run with the Cobra, I was leaving Sketchy for dead with mine last night.  He just couldn’t catch me 😛

Participant

@damorgs, will be online and around Wangal tonight.

Let the hunt begin 😉

@kestril
      , you can start getting scared about … now

I scoff at your FdL. Scoff, I say.

I know this has only started this week, but you @NZSimian will be my favourite kill.

Yes you shall.

Participant

Bring a nice, big target for me.  That’ll put a sweet smile on my face.

Participant

And the results of the night are…

He got me.

Good & proper, although the military grade armor held off the end for, well, a few seconds at least 🙂

Cheers @Damorgs, I’ll be back for round #2!

I think something scratched my shields…. 😛

Participant

Was kinda funny/frustrating – sitting right between your thrusters and still getting got by the turrets.

You coulda boosted and cooked my marshmallows while I was there lol.

Rethink of my load out required by the looks, the Norwegian blue really is designed for sitting in a high intensity CZ or RES forever, not quick 1:1 PVP.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

Logged on expecting to see ping, but I got the am’s and pm’s switched all ’round. Forgot that you aussies and NZ’s are in tomorrowland.

Whups.

Keymaster

I don’t mind, there was a lot less sweat on my side.  God bless confusing timezones!

Just set him up with me next week Kestril.  I’ll double dip him 😛

Participant

No pressure commanders, but last day today!

Does this make the Queen Champion Of Week One?

Participant

Does this make the Queen Champion Of Week One?

I believe it was the Cobra I was unable to catch, slippery little devil.

True, but the Queen also defeated you prior to that.

Participant

In the practice session.

I didn’t see you coming back for more when she was around 😛

Participant

We had our battle, the rules of these engagements are for one battle per week, or ” Don’t keep interdicting the same commander over and over.”

So, we’ll have to let that one stew until next time we are partnered up 🙂 Should be fun!

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

We had our battle, the rules of these engagements are for one battle per week, or ” Don’t keep interdicting the same commander over and over.” So, we’ll have to let that one stew until next time we are partnered up :) Should be fun!

Naw it’s not one battle per week. It’s “don’t become stupidly annoying by interdicting the same commander over and over and over” so one battle a day, if you want the numbers.

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.