PVP League Week 2: The Queen Reigns Supreme (8/21/'16)

Home --- Forums --- Angeli Imperial Operations --- Combat Forum --- PVP League Week 2: The Queen Reigns Supreme (8/21/'16)

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

Congratulations to Commander DaMorgs for  winning the first pvp week.  He was able to destroy both his target and his hunter in the Queen  Latifah. Now the targets will be randomized and re-assigned, but first, a quick review.

Your aim is to find and reduce your target’s hull or power-plant to 50%. Engagements can happen anywhere, anytime, as long as your target is not currently on a mission (from winging-up for a trade convoy to pvp federation raids).  If two commanders shoot down their target, the winner is the one that has also shot down their hunter. If both of those commanders have also shot down their hunter, the winner for the week is the one that has shot down (remember, shot down=50% powerplant or hull)  the most other commanders that are also in the league.

Now, there’s been a few issues of timezones and hunters & targets just not being online, but as more people join the league ( @vyvian , looking at you) it should even out.  If you want to sign up, just post in this thread. 

So the bolded name on the left is the HUNTER, the normal name on the right is their target. These are determined randomly by my six-sided die, with the exception that every hunter MUST have a new target every week:

Kestril:  DaMorgs

Sketchy: Ping

Ping:  NZSimian

Crighton:  Kestril

DaMorgs: Crighton

NZSimian: Sketchy

Finally, I’m working on some signature badge/medal/killmark sort of thing with my limited Microsoft paint skills.  These should be small, so people can put them in their signatures to show off. If someone wants to lend their artistic talent or Photoshop skills and submit a few designs, I’d be more than grateful.

Good hunting!

Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

Finally, I’m working on some signature badge/medal/killmark sort of thing with my limited Microsoft paint skills. These should be small, so people can put them in their signatures to show off. If someone wants to lend their artistic talent or Photoshop skills and submit a few designs, I’d be more than grateful. Good hunting!

Send me a sketch or an idea and I’ll make it for you.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

Thanks ping! I sent you some concept doodles I made in paint!

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I’ll grease up the guns Kestril and Blain.

Sleep with one eye open.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

@sketchy;

want to head up to nanomam one night and confuse the locals?

Participant
        CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Sounds like fun, how about tonight? I’m still in Archon Delaine’s HQ, if you want to go there? Rumor has it, a couple of commanders were stirring the place up earlier.

Participant
      Principes

I’m up for some actions! If i get back from dinner with GF early tonight.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

Sounds like fun, how about tonight? I’m still in Archon Delaine’s HQ, if you want to go there? Rumor has it, a couple of commanders were stirring the place up earlier.

Yes, rumors.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Death

Muhahaha! I have defeated the mighty Queen!

But it should be said that I caught DaMorgs with his pants down. He was returning from merit-farming and was low on chaff and SCB’s. Once his shields dropped, a burst to the drives from my quad multi-cannons was all it took to make the massive battleship a sitting duck.

We tested it again with DaMorgs stocked up on SCB’s and chaff. With the re-arm I could barely scratch into the second ring of shields. Also, the FDL runs hot, so making it stealth against those turrets combined with the anaconda’s MASSIVE sensor class was impossible! I warped out with my tail between my legs at 52% hull in the retest.

Still, once @DaMorgs confirms, it counts as a target kill for me!

How is everyone else fairing this week?

Participant

Good effort Kestril! The whole point of this was to simulate a real PvP attack, so we could be outfitted for trade, be limping back after a couple of hours in a res etc. It helps us learn to deal with those types of encounters.

I haven’t seen Ping on, if it gets later in the week, and still no sign, I’ll see if he minds swapping with MEAT.

Keymaster
        SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

I’ll be on tonight and thursday.  Scared…

Participant

Thanks for letting me know Ping, I’m off work for a few days, so I hope to see you on.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Well done @Kestril, yes I was caught low on supplies, however, that’s how it happens in the real world so, it counts.  Congrats to you.

I might just have to vent my anger on everybody else tonight. 🙂

Participant
      Principes

Well, i logged in too late yesterday. *Sad face*

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.