Questions about assassination missions

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- Questions about assassination missions

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Principes

I took another assassination mission, no clues from the description who this dude was or if he might be wanted, just a name. I wanted to cash in an old bounty in the target system before I ended up wanted, so when I got there I ignored the target after noting that they were indeed “wanted”. I went and cashed in my bounties and then went hunting, but the next couple of times the target appeared “clean” instead. 🙁

I tried a few times to leave and return to supercruise and finding my target again, but each time it showed up as “clean”. I got board with this experiment, killed the dude and got wanted status myself. After returning to Wangal and cashing in my mission, gaining the money and street cred with AIE, an NPC hailed me and made me feel bad about murdering that dude. He asked me to deliver 1 basic medicine to a nearby system. I figured I’d see what happens and accepted. The mission showed back up in my transaction list. I did all that and completed the mission a second time, this time getting rep with 3 factions, including AIE. It seems like everyone was happy about my attempt to redeem myself. I don’t really get the rewards screen though, what does the blue bar actually mean? Is that my reputation or total influence? I think the second time the mission completed the blue AIE bar might have been a little shorter, but that’s anecdotal. Is it possible that the rewards displayed second time around were not cumulative and some of the rep was removed from AIE and distributed to these other two factions? I just want to check I’m not undoing my hard work.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Hmm, I have to rethink the missions a bit.
      I took a ‘renowned celebrity’ last night (only mission on the board… I think BvS was taking all the rest of the HIP 20199 missions…), dude was novice, flying a Clipper, with novice sidewinder wings. mission was worth 88K, AND the clipper was wanted, so no bounty – and the clipper was worth a further 44K.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Didn’t mean to ‘pinch’ missions from the board, @NZSimian! – DaMorgs had indicated that if a mission is there for one, its there for all :-S

It was good to see a turnout of the (ironically named) HIPsters around HIP20199 last night – even if you could see me and I couldn’t see you in normal space.  With all those HIPsters about, I could have sworn I was walking down High St in Northcote… [Sorry – Melbourne reference there]

At any rate, ppl from FD and Keen Software (producers of Space Engineers) must be reading our forums and responded to my recent rants:  Had 5 ‘doable’ AIE missions in a relatively short time last night, Keen’s support dept replied to my enquiry (albeit not with the answer I was hoping for) – what more could I ask for?!

@Psylem
      : 1. The blue bars on mission completion screens are faction influence in system(s) relevant to the mission
      2. As to the net influence effect for factions from the “I wish to redeem my soul” post-assassination-side-mission: dunno – don’t worry about it until we see something about it on FD forum – its likely to change again with v2.1 release anyway.  We evidently gain personal rep from these.
      3. Wanted / not-wanted target – I would have jumped to another system and jumped back or docked at a local station _then_ undock and re-enter SC to see if Wanted status re-triggered.
      To illustrate, let me explain how to get max allocation of rare trade goods:  It looks as though this assassination target wanted status mechanic works similar to re-spawn of rare trade goods – where ppl wanted to fully stock a certain rare commodity, they take what is on offer, go into SC then into a USS to reset the trade good at the station, then exit USS, SC back to station.  Rinse and repeat until you have your max quota of given rare. you could probably trigger same by jumping out of system, jump back to system and re-dock – which is fine unless the target station is > 1000ls from the ‘primary’ star

So, I think it is a “location context change” which appears to trigger recalculation of whatever mechanic is driving what we see in SC (for a mission target) or in-station (for commodities).

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

LOL I cleaned missions out in 20199 early on in the evening. Even resorted to delivery ones!

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Even resorted to delivery ones!

Holy Cr@p, Batman!  The things we do to fly the flag for the Angeli – I hope you’re listening, Mr Armend!! :p

Seriously, though – good work – its not even AIE Wednesday 😀

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
        Participant
        CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Hmmm, I had a chat about that with @hazara..
        I think he said he needed to get a higher trade rank because “there were too many missions on the board that he couldn’t fail”.

That man has dedication to the cause.

Participant

You can all thank me; Justin Greiger was my latest renowned celebrity assassination mission.
      But between him, and an ‘incident’ where I went hunting system authority near a station, I’m not welcome in Guan Yun for a while…
      Not that I except that to stop me.

Did someone mention HIP20199 is in Boom?
      Sweet!

Participant
        Principes

You can all thank me; Justin Greiger was my latest renowned celebrity assassination mission. But between him, and an ‘incident’ where I went hunting system authority near a station, I’m not welcome in Guan Yun for a while… Not that I except that to stop me.

Lol, sounds like you’re hooked. Did you try to see if you could catch him while “wanted”?

Participant

Nah, saw the name, grabbed the mission, got my target.
      For what it was, it was an exceptionally well paying novice target.
      Even the system-wide bounty was worth the time.. helped my combat ranking anyway – I dropped into the nav looking for system patrols, bagged an elite bounty hunter in a vulture (he scanned me first).

Participant
      Principes

Just had an intense fight with a novice FdL celebrity. Two attempts and almost ran out of ammo, 11 bullets left!

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.