Star Citizen

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Other Games --- Star Citizen

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

Any Angeli have this game?, how does it feel in comparison to Elite?

Participant
      TriariiAngel of Discovery

Aye, i am indeed a double dipper XD

How does it feel in comparison? Completely different.
      The devs are targeting 2 completely distinct atmospheres and game styles, each with their own merits.

Ignoring the fact that SC is still in early alpha and we can only fly around on small 9km maps going PEW PEW at each other, i quite like the flying style, which is a lot faster than Elite (at least in the small single seaters), on the other hand, i like the heavy feel of Elite as well.
      One of the big selling points of SC is also the Multi-crew ships, so it’ll be interesting to see how that pans out.

I will still love E:D though, and suspect i will be playing this for quite a while.

Only thing i can say is don’t fall into the “GOTTA OWN ALL SHIPS” trap that some people who sinks 1000’s of dollars into the store… Every ships will be purchasable in game for in game currency, if you want in, buy the $45 Aurora starter pack and wait for the game to launch…

Overall i am a fanboy of both, and i hail any and all opportunities for the Space Sim genre to come back!

Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

All I want is a new version of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, then I can die.

I think I’ll have SC as well, it looks like the Angeli might have to find something to do there.

Participant
        TriariiAngel of Discovery

Hear hear my friend, a new X-wing vs Tie-Fighter would indeed be amazing!
        SC won’t be out for quite a while yet so there’s no hurry really.
        But if PVP arenas where you blow each other up is your jam, then there’s plenty to do XD

The FPS module should drop soon too, so you can try your hand at that as well.

SQ42 is due to drop late this year (but knowing CIG, it will probably be more Q1 – Q2 next year XD) which is the single player portion that i am very excited for!

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I always loved the Wing Commander games, so I’m looking forward to SC too.  SC is also the reason I’m forking out close to $600 to upgrade my PC.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Trade

I invested  in the Banu ship and the Xi’An Khartu-Al  while I was in my hospital bed for 3 months and read up on the game… I’ll be playing both for sure. Would be nice to have earned enough direction in ED, credits, ships for  specific roles in the game, for example a trader and a PvP ship… then enjoy the engagement of powerplay with direction from you guys as to where we go as a joint force.

Don’t want to play SC until release though. I fear some have already worn themselves out and just get frustrated with all the community blah blah. I can wait.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

So is anybody actually playing the Alpha of this yet?  I’m currently updating (25GB!!) and might have a fly around over the weekend.  Now my PC can run it (just) I’m going to try it out a lot more.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Roberts Space Industries is proud to offer all CitizenCon 2015 watchers a free flight 2-weeks to try out Star Citizen’s Arena Commander module! If you have a valid code shown during the livestream, paste it below to activate the CitizenCon free flight 2-weeks on your account!

Code is CITCONFLIGHT2K15

2 weeks is long enough to download then try Arena Commander, unlike the last trail go which lasted long enough for me to download it and that was it

CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

tempted to buy this but just dont know if i can divide my time between both games.

if we have more AI players then it might not be as bad, i do however dislike the pay to wind model SC has…

day one rich kid has bigger guns

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

Alpha 2.0 just launches And finally brings the fps Eva and a taste of persistent universe one, they have come along way in the last few months.

Still not sure yet, but it’s starting to get me excited enough to spend money just to see if it’s worth it.

Horizons is a little lack lustre for me.

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.