subfleets

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Triarii

its again just an idea …

playing in different time zones is in some ways a problem for expanding. the same is true with different languages …

what about forming subfleets?

a subfleet with, say, a focus on a different language (french, german, whatever) makes it possible to promote the angeli in the language specific forums.

this fleets would form a own group within the angeli, but follow the global angeli orders. nominating fleetcommanders or liaison officer could make sense, but seams optional (i would suggest to make a election (every 4 month or so) for fleetcommanders within the fleets … ppl like to vote 😀 ).

all that would be needed is a own teamspeack chan and a subsection in this forum.

:: Si vis pacem, para bellum ::

Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

more than happy for this to happen, as long as we all work together, and there is a clear chain of command.

I can also try to implement something on the signatures that displays the origin.

CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

I think Commanding officers would then have liason officers, as it would stop the chain breaking when one or the other is not online

Perhaps on the Signature Logo for the subfleets you could change the righthand wing to be a region specific flag etc,  or just colour code the right hand wing such as gold for the founding current group, blue for x region, red for another etc if the flag is too much work.

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Keymaster
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.

I don’t want too much ranking and stuff, I like the loose nature of the group.

Just some different groups.

Participant
      Triarii

i agree with ping. we are not military …

i see some kind of use for a fleetcmdr .. but more for social reasons … teams are more likely to bond if there is leadership that they can eighter trust or try to take. but i dont except real orders from them … the cain of command is <span class=”full-name”><span class=”p-name customisable-highlight” data-scribe=”element:name”>Argon Armrends tweet .. the fleetcomdr can translate them. thats it ;)</span></span>

the  liason officers  have to make sure that the orders are in line with those from high command … but again: thats it.

i think the angeli has a lot to offer … and i see a need within the german community for what we in fact are: a group with clear targets.

what we need is a nomiclature for the fleets … do we just give them numbers, names?

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I think we definitely need this, I have already set up different language channels within teasmspeak.  I asked a while back for different language speakers, as it stands we don’t have many at the moment, but I’m sure that will change.

Perhaps a liaison could go through the smaller, Imperial aligned, non English speaking threads in ED Forums and as if they are willing to fly under our banner so to speak?

As far as something to signify different language speakers what about the background of the AI Crest in the signatures?

Participant
      Triarii

Perhaps a liaison could go through the smaller, Imperial aligned, non English speaking threads in ED Forums and as if they are willing to fly under our banner so to speak?

just one word for motivations .. i would set up such a thing … because i want to spread the cause … but i am not very interessted to take a leading role in that … perhaps for the beginning, but not for too long. i am pretty happy to not lead something in my free time 😀

i just want to be clear that this is not some kind of grab for power.

the beauty of subfleets is that, for ppl who are not willing to interact with the international crew, they dont would to have to.

they have goal that they can follow, in a language they understand … have a TS and forum cnl where they can talk in there own language … but still be part of something bigger. the interaction with some of them might be … say .. limited. that could be a downside …

regarding fleet name … i suggest, for the moment “Angeli Imperial – Deutscher Verband” (=german league / unit / association)

as soon as there is a subforum, i would set up a recruiting … paper … whatever .. thing.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.