Suggest An Upgrade/Purchase

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Off-Topic --- Suggest An Upgrade/Purchase

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I was going to get a new graphics card in preparation for the Oculus coming out next year, but I haven’t really used the DK2 much and minimum specs will require me to spend in excess of $500 on a new graphics card, then there’s the OR itself which will be in the region of $400. Plus the possibility of a new CPU. 🙁

So, I have $300 burning a hole in my pocket. I’m currently playing on:

Win 10
      24″ Monitor
      Saitek X-52 HOTAS
      Logitech G105 programmable keyboard
      Logitech 5.1 speakers (currently only 2 speakers and a sub woofer as I changed the room configuration)
      AfterGlow Headset

Not really interested in upgrades at the moment PC wise just something that may increase my fun playing ED in general. I’ve attached a pic of my ‘cockpit’ for inspiration. It’s nothing pretty but it gets the job done.

Suggest away peoples!!

IMG_3938

CenturionAngel of DiscoveryAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement MissionAngel of Trade

Get trackir.

Immersive as the dk2 I find and within your budget.

Assistant Angeli Imperial Custodian (Wangal)

Qui Desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum. | Quis custodiet Ipsos custodes.
      Nascentes morimur. | Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

You haven’t listed a solid state drive there, that would be worth it for the money. Otherwise the best upgrade I have experienced, was with my graphics card. I had the DK2 too, while I had an average card, it wasn’t a good idea. Have a 970 card now, so am ready for the new Rift.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Having just seen the specs for Horizons, looks like I’m back to plan A – upgrading.  :p

Need another $200 for a good graphics card.  I’m sure my current one will run Horizons, but not to the standard I’ve been used to.  Better start saving again.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

My new skylake better hit the specs for horizons 🙂

I use head tracking via my old android phone and open track. Looks stupid, works very well.

Someone else using headtracking

Really added to the game, and as far as I’m concerned was the best single change that I’d made.

Next best was the gaming motherboard (wicked onboard sound).

As per @sketchy, an SSD is pretty much a given these days, in my case I’ve dropped in an 180GB M.2 SSD, which runs off the PCI-X bus (read; stupid quick compared to sata).

And looking at the long range weather forecast for your part of the world, don’t overlook your cooling for this summer.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.