To take, or not to take, shields and weapons into deep space?

Home --- Forums --- Angeli Imperial Operations --- Exploring Forum --- To take, or not to take, shields and weapons into deep space?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

The couple of times I have gone exploring, I have fitted shields, guns and a cargo hold, for the sole reason that I don’t know what I’ll encounter. While none of them have been very big or powerful, it is just a matter of being prepared. I am totally aware of the reasons to NOT run these items, and I agree with them, it is just for my piece of mind, really. Although the introduction of Thargoids with change that everyone’s thinking.

Check this reddit out, if you haven’t already:
      https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/3j06ui/today_at_sagittarius_a_tragedy_or_opportunity/

I totally feel for the commander affected, a lot of time went into that.

I run this when exploring, she’ll go for 675ly before needing to refill 🙂
      http://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_clipper/04A5A5A5D4A5A4C–1b1b—-f73c45f40i022i2f.AwRj4yrI.AwhMIyrZyA==?bn=Explorer%20675LY

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Just noticed that the “victim” was with Li Young-Rui and the attacker Aisling Duval. Still a bit of a dick move.

Participant

Given how rough I am at landings “INCOMING!!!”, shields are a must regardless of what I’m up to 😉

having 1.5M exploration data onboard & no shields: priceless.

@hazara
      usually flies as an armed explorer…

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

@hazara usually flies as an armed explorer…

Well, you know … “That hitherto unexplored planet, thousands of light years from nearest human habitation – looks like a Hudson supporter to me”

or,

“Some b@stard got to this planet before me and left a flag.  B#gger that! – Where’s your flag now?”

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.