Video recording software

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Off-Topic --- Video recording software

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Hey all

Just looking for suggestions for in game recording on my ATi.

Happy to try any suggestions if the price is good (cheap/free), but prefer something that requires as little setup as possible.

I’ve got the AMD gaming evolved app installed, but it just looks like a demographics scraper/store portal rather than something actually useful.

Cheers

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

FRAPS?

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Trade

OBS

I’ll explain about it when I see you online next

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Cheers guys

I had drunken memories of someone talking about obs – couldn’t remember who, what or when. 😀

I’ll have a play when I’m next online.

SenatorFounding AngelAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Rumour file is that Win10 has an in-built video recording program that’s incredibly easy to use

Participant

Interesting, will have a play with it… Eventually.

Anyone run the win 10 upgrade gauntlet yet?

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I am avoiding 10 until there has been time to iron out some things

Saitek drivers need to be updated etc etc

I use D3Dgear, someone recommend it to me, but I cannot remember why.

As sterling a review as that sounds, I can use it without issue, and I am not very tech savy so it seems to be idiot proof.

Best of all “D3DGear is shareware. After a 15 day trial period, user needs purchase a license to continue use it. ” So you can try before you buy

Participant

Interesting, will have a play with it… Eventually. Anyone run the win 10 upgrade gauntlet yet?

The media server I bought recently had Win 10 on it, it wouldn’t support my audio card, so removed it, in favour on Win 7. I found it difficult to use, but that is a new operating system for you.

It’ll get better, but I won’t be using it for another year or so.

Installed Win10 tonight, so far so good.  Couple of things to get used to but as far as I can tell, everything is working fine so far.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of Trade

Win 10 installed fine, but then I started to see a few drivers not available with Win 10. Suffered USB resource issues. Reverted to Win 7.I’ll be waiting a while.

To make matters worse, cpu water cooler leaked at the chip end elbow joint. Luckily though, my machine stands up, so didn’t leaked into MB and cpu…. but the bad new, it leaked on my MSI 290x card. It was still working but was starting to see some graphic issues.

New cooler installed and great excuse for purchasing an MSI 390x OC. I’ll be claiming this in warranty through Termaltake!!!!

Installing ED as I type 😛

Participant

That’s crap luck – glad you were able to get a good result though!

Best of luck with the warranty.

Win10 hasn’t been offered on any machines here yet, but I’m going to make sure I have a good system state backup before it goes on…

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

I ran preview and actually liked it.

My ATI drivers came up as engineering sample tho.

As for recording – I was using RadeonPro – worked fine but my HDD cant keep up with recording at 4k.

http://www.radeonpro.info

Participant

I tried installation to a Xeon based machine at work as a test bed… 10 hours of waiting and the installer hadn’t gotten anywhere.

My workmate has been running the build preview (recently updated to full installed), with her Win8 work machine as a VM inside it.

Works surprisingly well.

Cheers for the headsup on the tools guys, will have a play & see what fits what I need.

Participant
      Triarii

I upgraded to 10 today. The inbuilt recording software is easy as hell to use, but I can’t get it to record sound for some reason.

Compared to windows 7 it sure does look purdy.

-X

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Eat Plasma!

Participant

+Rep for your weather widget 🙂

Same with the Win10 video recorder – video output only, and the quality wasn’t all that great.

I’ve had it installed this week – have upgraded 4 different machines in 4 different ways (fresh install, upgrade wiping everything, upgrade keeping documents only, upgrade keeping everything).

The only one that has given any issues is my main desktop (of course), but that was only driver related.  Quickly fixed.  All my settings, and the custom vpn Mrs Simian uses for work have been retained.

Love the weather widget LMFAO

Participant
      Triarii

It’s a cracker, isn’t it? 😛

-X

Eat Plasma!

Participant

Here’s a quick upload of some PVE with @DaMorgs, @Genisisx, and some work for HIP 17298 – using the Win 10 recorder

Things go boom

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.