whats your time zone?

Home --- Forums --- General Discussion --- Elite: Dangerous Discussion --- whats your time zone?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Triarii

normally, this would be the ‘where are you from’ question … but in i guess, beside that a lot of shiftworker are here … a lot would play around 17:00 and 24:00 … soo … i would start a little poll .. but the forum does not have this function and nobody likes extern polls … so … lets make it 1998 style …

( https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e8/Standard_World_Time_Zones.png/800px-Standard_World_Time_Zones.png )

as we rememeber …UTC is the time the english use on there rainy little island … everybody else has to use UTC+- something

so … if you are in the west of australia or china its UTC+8, USA eastcoast UTC-5, westcoast UTC-8, most of europe +1, russia something between +3 and and +12 …

as i am in the middle of europe … its +1 .. sooooo … my main play time within the week is about 17:00 and 20:00 UTC+1 … means its about 01:00 and 04:00 for you there down under … and 05:00 to 08:00 for NZ …

edit:

:: Si vis pacem, para bellum ::

Participant
      Principes

I am in the U.S. in the Rockies so UTC -7. That being said I work nights so during the week I am on 23:00 to 0200 or later. Weekends I generally play late at night as well because I sleep in. Its funny Aurelius I had figured you were a German because I saw you misspell fokus when it should be focus. I spent some time in Landstuhl when I was in the Army and many of the Germans I worked with had some of the same tendencies. I also had a roommate here in the States that was from Berlin. Anyway off topic rambling I may see you around is you in game name the same as here? Cheers!

Participant
      CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Hey guys, calling in from a +13UTC zone – daylight savings just recently changed over, which makes the power play tick just that little bit more annoying.

My game time most nights would usually start about 07:00 UTC, or 8pm local time. Kids &/or work permitting…

Participant
        CenturionAngel of DeathAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Yup, same here.

Participant
      CenturionAngel of StrategyAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

Hey guys, calling in from a +13UTC zone – daylight savings just recently changed over, which makes the power play tick just that little bit more annoying.

My game time most nights would usually start about 07:00 UTC, or 8pm local time. Kids &/or work permitting…

Yeah UTC+13 here

Participant
      CenturionAngel of TradeAngel of Mercy – Participating in a AI relief mission.Angel of Justice – Participating in an AI Enforcement Mission

UTC +11 (Aust Eastern Daylight [savings] Time)
      Normally, I’d be in-game somewhere from 8PM local time, but of late it’s been around 10PM before I can get on

Oi! That's Baron von Schnellenstein to you, mate. No, it doesn't matter that I'm an Imperial Prince!
      Participant
      Foederati

I’m on that rainy little island (which is actually a lot smaller than this map shows) so it’s UTC for me 🙂

"They call me Trinity"

Participant
      Triarii

Its funny Aurelius I had figured you were a German because I saw you misspell fokus when it should be focus.  

yea .. to be true … sometimes i make that intentionally … mostly with ‘reaktor’ *hehe*.

(mostly to to underline that i am not a nativespeaker and i so i am forgiven for making stupid errors :D)
      the thing is that german and english use a lot of words the same way, because most of them have the same root. (like with deer and tier(=ger: animal)) in the cases of <fokus, reaktor, englisch, korrekt> and so on .. its a bit of a pain to find errors, because your head just switches and thinks its spelled right 😉

its a pain with words that are spelled exactly the same, but mean different things (“ich will” means “i want” and not “i will”)

well .. and i am an engineer … i am good with math, not languages 😀

my in game name is aurelius julian … you should find me in the damorgs group. i am always happy to fly in a wing 🙂

ah, and regarding language … i was just wondering why all of you guys down under could pronounce “schnellenstein” so absolutly perfect in teamspeak … big respect from my side for that!

:: Si vis pacem, para bellum ::

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.